Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Home Law Page 5


The Sober World has many legal articles to help someone navigate the complexities of the law when it comes to dealing with a loved one, whether a child, adolescent or aging parent who has an addiction problem. We have articles on the Florida Marchman Act, drug statutes, regulations for sober housing, how to protect your finances and more. The Sober World has resources for lawyers that can help if your loved one was arrested for drug possession, DUI’s - driving under the influence, petty crimes, or other crimes. Many times, a lawyer can help get your loved one into treatment rather than going to jail.

Criminal Records

Sealing And Expunging Of Criminal Records:

I decided to write this article because people ask me all the time if they are eligible to get their criminal records sealed or expunged, what is the difference and how...
Involuntary Commitment

Involuntary Commitment Under Florida Law

In Florida, the law allows for two different types of involuntary commitment. Involuntary commitment of a loved one who is suffering from ‘mental illness’ or ‘substance abuse’ is always a difficult...

Lastest Articles